Ohio Treasurer's Office Announces Departure of Deputy Treasurer and Executive Counsel
Press Release - Ohio Treasurer's Office
COLUMBUS - Today, the Ohio Treasurer's office announced that Seth Metcalf, Deputy Treasurer and Executive Counsel, is departing the office on August 18th. Metcalf will be leaving to found a strategic consulting firm.
Chief Financial Officer Walter Myers will oversee the day-to-day execution of the operational departments of the Treasurer’s office, including Accounting, Debt Management, Information Technology, Internal Audit, Investments, Revenue Management, STABLE Accounts and Trust Operations. Chief Project Manager and Senior Counsel Joseph Aquilino will become Executive Counsel.
“I appreciate Seth’s diligent service to the taxpayers of Ohio, helping lead the office since day one of my administration,” said Treasurer Mandel. “Seth was integral in our efforts to restore integrity, professionalism and financial excellence to the Treasurer's office.”
Under Metcalf’s leadership, the Treasurer’s office has been recognized for excellence on multiple occasions earning the following accolades;
• The #1 ranking in government transparency from the U.S. Public Interest Research Group
• The award for “Excellence in Financial Management” from the Association of Government Accountants
• The award for “Public Integrity” from the American Society for Public Administration
• The award for “Digital Government Achievement” from Center for Digital Government
• The “Public Service Award” from the Ohio Coalition for Open Government and the Ohio Newspapers Association
• The “Innovation Game Changer” Award from the Ohio Interactive Awards