Energy conservation for Ohioans
ECO-Link helps Ohioans finance home improvement projects including remodeling, roofing, siding, heating and cooling system replacement, solar power, appliances, landscaping, and more.
Eligible borrowers can receive up to a 3% interest rate reduction on new or existing home improvement loans up to $50,000.
These investments not only assist homeowners in financing improvement projects, but also support local businesses specializing in home improvement services and products.
- MUST use loan for a primary residence located in Ohio;
- MUST own an existing house or condo. However, additional residential classifications may be eligible (New builds may be eligible for energy efficient upgrades only.);
- MUST receive loan approval from a participating financial institution prior to applying for ECO-Link;
- MUST use all loan proceeds for home improvements; and
- MUST submit official estimates or receipts for the total amount of the home improvement loan.
- After the online ECO-Link application is submitted and the loan officer confirms the terms of the loan, the Ohio Treasury begins the review process.
- If all eligibility criteria are met, the application is approved and notifications are sent to alert the owner and financial institution.
- Upon request from the financial institution, the Ohio Treasury will purchase an investment at a below-market rate.
- The financial institution uses the interest generated to offset the interest rate reduction to pass savings onto the borrower.