Reduced rates on operating loans
Agriculture is the backbone of Ohio's economy and is critical for the state’s prosperity. However, one of the biggest challenges farmers and agribusinesses face is financing for operations.
During the Ag-LINK application period, farm operators and agribusinesses can receive up to a 3% interest rate reduction on new or existing operating loans up to $150,000.
Ag-LINK helps farmers and agribusinesses finance upfront operating costs for feed, seed, fertilizer, fuel, and other expenses by providing interest rate reductions on new or existing loans at eligible financial institutions.
- Eligible farm operators and agribusinesses:
- MUST be organized for profit;
- MUST have headquarters and 51% of operations maintained in Ohio;
- MUST use the loan exclusively for agricultural purposes; and
- MUST agree to comply with all program and financial institution regulations.
- After the loan officer submits the online Ag-LINK application on behalf of the farmer or agribusiness during the annual open enrollment period, the Ohio Treasury begins the review process.
- If all eligibility criteria are met, the application is approved.
- Upon request from the financial institution, the Ohio Treasury will purchase an investment at a negotiated, below-market rate.
- The financial institution offsets the borrower's interest rate by same negotiated rate.
- Click here to view a list of eligible financial institutions.
- Apply for an operating loan or line of credit a participating financial institution.
- After loan terms are determined, both the owner and loan officer complete a simple online application.
- Click here to view the 2020 schedule.
- For more information on Ag-LINK, contact us by phone at 614-466-6546 or by email at [email protected].